Tuesday 19 July 2011

The end is nigh!And it brings with it...cuboids?!

Well,so much for yesterdays post.I confidently assured myself that we had nine days left of this term,and in fact this year.Well,turns out today I may have been wrong. We have 3 days. We break up on friday. This does not leave as much time as I had hoped to cram in a few extra bits before the end of term,or convince myself that yes,we can finish all those loose ends in time for the holidays....Ah well,they are hurtling towards us,warming Peanuts heart with the promise of lie ins and no cranky crazy old lady determined to breathe down her neck and educate her at every opportunity. I have to confess,the no teaching for a month sounds good.It would be nice to have time for other,more leisurely pursuits such as applying for my uni place,cleaning out the acres of crap that seem to invade the house on a daily basis and hold a slug extermination contest in memory of my pumpkins,cruelly sacrificed as lunch for a horde of slimy invaders. Oh,and send off the last pieces of paperwork to turn a decree nisi to a decree absolute,research french tutors for next year and try and get lesson plans organised at the start of the holidays,and not the day before we go back.
Anyway,I digress,today was all about cubes,cuboids and the making of nets and then the sticking together and colouring of said nets. I was hoping to start another topic today,but given the Peanuts concentration span,especially now she knows we are nearly at the end,I figured what the heck. We are also going to be looking at finishing the rock cycle etc,as next year is all about the chemistry and physics. I may try and get some english in,planning essays etc,and then we are off out to prepare for the birthday of our flatmate,aka kid3.Expect much childishness and balloons.With helium. Alvin and the chipmunks impression,anyone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment