Saturday 31 October 2009

Scary and nostalgic

Happy Halloween,or Samhain :) Traditionally,this is about a little more than candy. Its about remembering where you came from,the ancestors that brought you here,and okay,maybe a little sweetening for all the heavy stuff! I use it as a chance to carve pumpkins,make and eat loadsa veggie soups n apple pies n candy,make costumes and blow the dust off some old family photos. Its also a night for faeries,tricksters and the like,but Im not sure any self respecting faerie is gonna want much ta do with someone who habitually looks and dresses like a guy and has fairly little in the way of pixie dust around the house. I prefer to just concentrate on dusting off Dad n Grandpa,Garfield,Cleo and a few others who left along the way and just lighting the odd candle and asking that they please help me not to screw up life any more than necessary. Other than that,they have their gig,and I have mine,and as we're a few realms apart,Im not looking for them to pop up outa nowhere and start changing the world. Just a little hello is fine. As for the scary factor,Im sat typing this with my hair loose and big,and a notable lack of makeup-trust me,the trick or treaters get more scared than me!Have fun everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment