Tuesday 24 November 2009

aliens and dyno-rod

Well,since the last installment Ive been told at 10 to 9 on a school night that the kiddo requires a full alien costume by 9am the following day (said kiddo having forgotten to tell me this a week ago...)and then told 2 days ago that she hadnt been to the loo for 4 days and now her stomach hurt...ever get the feeling that communication is not her strong point?! Sure,she can tell me a billion terrible jokes or the latest moshi monster news in mind numbing detail,but when it comes to relating important stuff,like costumes or toileting,well...maybe not.Firstly,the alien suit...fortunately,mama was a raver in years gone by,or a cyber goth kinda thing,and so a fluorescent neon pink fluffy jacket and a very short belly top in purple with batik tribal sleeves were quickly conjured up (hey,I never said I was a raver with taste okay,and pre kid the belly was something to be flashed not hidden...) and with some alterations and cursing,tada!The purple top is teamed with purple trousers,the pink jacket is sewn round the trousers like a skirt,and the arms of the pink top are attatched with string and hair ties to the arms of the purple top so they are suspended just below her own arms,and move when she does...following? So basically,out of nothing more than two fashion disasters and string,in under 2 hours,I have created a 4 armed pink and purple alien.Yay me.
As for the toilet thing,well its like this-Kiddo was diagnosed with encopresis at 2,and then with STC at 9. Long story short,her guts work waaaay slower than most,and its a delicate balancing act keeping her healthy.When she neglects to tell me small details like the fact she hasnt been for 4 days,this means I then have to resort to 7 doses of movicol in a litre of water in the space of 3 hours.Then wait 2 days,2 otherwise healthy days she has to miss school and I have to miss one of the busiest new release days at work (colour me popular) because with all that stuff inside her she is the equivalent of a time bomb,and I cant risk her having a large accident anywhere...you get the picture. My flatmate suggested mentoes and coke...cruel,but she finds it hysterical...anyhow,aliens and crapatoa aside,Bones was awesome. Stephen Fry..."hope and patience",nuf said...

No comments:

Post a Comment